Job Title: Executive Director for Family Promise of Albany County, Wyoming
Work Location: Laramie, Wyoming
Closing Date: December 15, 2017 or until filled
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to P. O. Box 1859, Laramie, WY 82073
The overall goal of Family Promise of Albany County (FPAC), Wyoming is to move homeless families to sustainable housing and long-term independence by developing partnerships with area congregations and local agencies. This position will coordinate and direct all programs for FPAC. The primary responsibilities will include organization and management of the Day Center; case management oversight and tracking of progress for homeless guests in our care; coordination and training of host sites and support congregations; scheduling transportation; establishing positive relationships with referring and supporting agencies and referral sources; hiring and supervision of staff; and securing funding through grants and fundraising activities.
• Administration and coordination of all components of FPAC. Must maintain monthly expenses and develop annual operating budget; establish record keeping systems for families, donors, and volunteer time. Manage other operational duties as instructed by the Board of Trustees.
• Organization and management of the Day Center includes setting up the office; arranging educational programs to be offered; and establishing and overseeing family member chores to ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the center.
• Oversite of case management of all guest families including intake interviews for prospective families, development of the family plans selected, monitoring the progress of the plans, which will include long-term housing, employment, educational training, social service needs and working with other agencies to coordinate proper care. Maintain confidential records on operations and progress of guests.
• Coordination and training of host sites and support congregations includes scheduling, training and tracking volunteers, and establishing a communication network to keep people motivated and involved.
• Oversite of scheduling transportation includes both the Day Center activities and host sites.
• Establish positive relationships with local supporting and referral groups/agencies and make referrals as necessary.
• Hire, lead, train and supervise all staff associated with FPAC, including volunteers.
• Help plan and attend Board meetings as directed with reports as requested, including expenses.
• Oversee and secure the necessary funding for continuation of FPAC through grants and fundraising activities. Establish committees and track volunteer time for these efforts.
• Promote and represent FPAC in public and media venues.
• This position will be on call for emergencies as needed. A 40-hour workweek with overtime is a requirement.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will be both compassionate toward people and passionate about helping others. This individual should have the ability to lead, be organized, make good decisions, be a problem solver, possess the ability to form great interpersonal relationships, be a great communicator, be positive, be professional and have the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• 3-5 years’ experience working in a social service environment
• Previous volunteer experience
• Experience in a managerial role
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of populations
Salary: $40,000 minimum commensurate with experience and licensure
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Board of Trustees.